Geo

Default Air compressor/nail gun question

I recently purchased an accuset brad nailer (A200BN) and was also given
an old air compressor (SMC brand without the owners manual). My
question is what is the optimum pressure setting for the nailer to work?
The accuset manual doesn't say anything except not to exceed something
like 120 psi. I tried it at 40 psi just to test it out and I found it
would fire a brad perfectly, then the next would only fire half way in
the wood, then the next would leave a dent in the wood with no brad
having fired. I'm hesitant to keep experimenting with this stuff until
I have a better understanding of it. Thanks in advance.