derek

Default Bath tap seemingly welded to iron bath

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:56:02 +0000, mfcexpert
wrote:

I'm sorry, I may have misled you. I can rotate the tap slightly ( maybe
15 degrees ) but come up against a stop. It's the nut that's seemingly
welded to the bath. However I'll try your remedy on the nut - or as much
of it as I can get to :-(

Old taps in my mums house had a square boss that engaged in a square
hole in the sink, that and a bit of slack might account for 15 degrees
or so of movement.They looked like modern taps from above.

DG