Bob Bowles

Default Cabinets, Let the buyer beware

Kitchen Craft is the maker. Maple raised panel doors on euro hinges
but that's where Quality stops. Shelving is 11/16" instead of 3/4"
and standard screws provided for paper towel holders expect 3/4"
stock. Ours has a couple of spots where screws knocked laminate off
of the particleboard. If you design your own and use particleboard
ensure enough supports are provided to avoid sagging shelves!

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:31:50 GMT, Jackie Kuscher
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:57:14 -0400, Bob Bowles
wrote:

Can't disagree more. Our kitchen cabinets were made in Canada, we're
in So. Calif., and the installer left a slab of cabinet carcase
material about 12""X96" for me to use for jigs, I'm a woodworking
hobbiest. It was propped against the garage cabinets just slightly
off vertical and in 2-3 days it sagged! This is what the "Certified"
Kitchen Designer claimed was "High grade particleboard". I hope to
have died or sold before our sink malfunctions especially with granite
drainboard and undermount sink!

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:09:38 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

In short, it isn't the material, it is how the material is used.

What is the name of the cabinets made in Canada? We were thinking of
getting cabinets made in Canada as several people here in this area
have done that - however, I don't know the make because we have just
started thinking about it so haven't gone looking yet.

Jackie

(to e-mail take the "x" off jackie)