Art Begun

Default jackhammer damage and basement waterproofing?

You really want a drainage system at the outside perimeter of the
house to stop the water before it gets in. Also are your gutters
working correctly? How about the slope of the grade near the house.

"Eugene Chang" wrote in message
om...
My unfinished basement currently floods after heavy rainfall, even
after paying a professional waterproofing contractor $4200. Since I
have I life time guarantee, they said they may need to create a

trench
around the inside perimeter of the basement wall and drain the water
into a pump.

The contractor said they would use a jackhammer on the edge where

the
walls and floor meet to create this trench.

Now, I have some questions about this ....

Would all this pounding cause damage to the house since the drilling
is done so close to the foundation footing?

Also, later on, I'm thinkiing about covering my unfinished basement
walls with drywall. Would moisture and mold develop between the
basement wall and the drywall?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.