Karen

Default Cabinets, Let the buyer beware

Clifford Keele wrote in message et...

So, we sat down and put together the first design..... Except that it
was all plywood EXCEPT for the shelves. The designer tried to convince
me that the "furniture board" type particle board was better than
plywood. The argument sounded good except that every particle board
shelf that I could find which was over 5 years old was warped, or ratty
looking.

How may house have you seen?
Up north here, all the particle board shelf (2') I've seen are in
good shape over 15 years. Maybe you live in a high humidity climate?

So, I headed back to Home Depot where I was told that the vinyl imitation
wood was better than varnished wood for the interior!!! The designer
said that it was easier to clean. I must admit that I didn't believe
that argument.

The desinger was right. The melamine is easier to clean.

Give me a break. I know that the world is encouraging economy and mass
production. But, don't ignore the quality and workmanship of the final
product.

You have pay dearly to get the quality ans workmanship meet your
requirement.