Tom Baker

Default curved drywall question

(Rob) wrote in message om...
I want to drywall a curved section of wall, can I do this with 3/8"
thick drywall, or should I use 1/4"? The wall has a 90 degree arc with
a 3' radius.
If I use 1/4", should I double it up? I was thinking that 1/4" seems
pretty thin and would probably be easy to accidentally punch a hole
through.

The arc of the wall is about 5' in length, and it's a short ceiling,
only about 6'4" high. I was hoping to do this all in one piece of
drywall, but 5'x6' is kind of an awkward size for drywall. Would I
even be able to get a single sheet of drywall that could cover this?
I've only ever seen drywall in 4' widths.

Thanks for any advice,
Rob

U. S. Gypsum has flexible gypsum panels.
I have not worked with the material.

Tom Baker