Jeff

Default Help with Sony SLV-R5UC capacitors

I found bad caps on the "Selector Switch" daughter card causing video
problems with one of my R5's. I have also replaced all the electrolytics on
the Audio daughter card.

All of my euipment and service manuals are in storage right now following a
move so this is from memory. Try a Google Usenet search and see what you
come up with. I think it was discussed in one of the 2 groups you posted
to.

Good Luck,
Jeff

Thanks for listing the cap comparison below.
Problem is, this only happened recently, long after I had
changed the power supply caps - after which everything had
worked fine. I remember reading a post some time ago where
other caps were mentioned to have caused picture problems,
but the post didn't mention any specific boards involved. -Ron