Eugen T

Default Quick Capacitor question

Thank you all for your suggestions.
I looked at the circuit - it has +6, +15 and +/- 80V power lines attached to
it.
The capacitor's (+ means that it is an electrolytic cap, right?) positive
terminal is attached to source of one mosfet and drain of another mosfet -
both of those FETs (IRL640) are powered by 80V power supplies.

Its negative end is attached via 3.5k resistor to collector of small BJT
transistor (MPSA42).

What kind of conclusion can I draw from this regarding capacitor's
appropriate voltage?
I went to local component store and *sizewise* 10uF 16V and 25V caps are
quite similar to this one (well, my cap is axial, but no local stores carry
axial caps, so I was looking at ones that have 2 legs at the bottom). 10uF
100V are massive compared to mine

"Michael A. Covington" wrote in message

"Eugen T" wrote in message
One more question..
How would you determine voltage rating of the capacitor if it's not

written
on the cap?

What is the supply voltage in the circuit? Could the capacitor be 10

volts?

A 10 uF capacitor with no voltage marked is unusual.