Dave Plowman

Default Battery Charger Times For Ni-MH???

In article ,
Terry D wrote:
Although NiMH cells tend to lose charge faster, the higher capacity and
lack of 'memory' effect more than compensate - the cells can be topped
up at any time.

Fine for something which is in regular use, but for intermittent use the
rapid self discharge is a real PITA - and I thought Ni-Cads bad enough in
this respect.

Memory effect is an urban myth unless you regularly discharge to a certain
percentage - very unlikely with most things. Overcharging a Ni-Cad is the
usual reason for damage.

--
*I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn