R.J. Hemme

Default Color fog over picture changes when monitor is rotated

R.J. Hemme wrote:

Could it just be that the screen isn't
degaussing automatically like it should, or would it be more serious
than that?

Well, I've tried manually degausing with a permanent magnet with no
effect. When near the monitor, one pole of the magnet will change the
green fog to blue fog , and the other pole will change the green to red,
but the fog remains there in all circumstances.

I've also tried swapping the red, green, and blue connectors in the
monitor. While the colors are obviously quite different under the fog,
the fog still appears green, so whatever is producing the fog effect
must be after that component or else the fog would have changed colors, too.

Any ideas, or does this sound like the tube going bad? Thanks...

R.J.