Andy Cuffe

Default Color fog over picture changes when monitor is rotated

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:57:53 -0400, "R.J. Hemme"
wrote:

My Radius Intellicolor 20e has recently developed a problem where the
entire screen is "fogged over" with a layer of green. This was
occasional at first, but now it is seldom that it displays a proper
picture without the green covering it. Upon rotating the monitor to its
side, this fog becomes blue, and upside-down, the very top of the screen
starts to become red.

I've read this group's excellent monitor repair FAQ and I know what to
look for when checking inside, but is the fact that the color varies
when I rotate the displace indicative of anything? I'm afraid it's the
CRT but I thought I'd get an opinion here before figuring out how to
check inside.

Thanks!

It sounds like a problem with the degaussing circuit. The fact that
this monitor can be rotated means it has to have a more complicated
degaussing circuit than the usual thermistor circuit. It must be able
to degauss itself every time it's rotated between landscape and
portrait.
Andy Cuffe