R.J. Hemme

Default Color fog over picture changes when monitor is rotated

John Miller wrote:

R.J. Hemme wrote:

I've read this group's excellent monitor repair FAQ and I know what to
look for when checking inside, but is the fact that the color varies
when I rotate the displace indicative of anything?

Perhaps the simplest thing it is indicative of is the monitor being in a
magnetic field. Any local changes lately that could cause that?

Once I was asked to diagnose a case where all the monitors along one wall
would sporadically have their displays do the "hula." It took a while, but
the cause turned out to be that the wall was next to an elevator shaft, and
as the cars went past, they would disrupt the magnetic field.

I wish it were that easy. I've recently moved; the monitor started
acting up in the old place, and has continued here. None of the same
devices are around it so I doubt it's external interference. I've tried
it in different locations of the house with no luck.

While location doesn't matter, orientation does. Changing whether it is
upside-down or not never fixes the problem, but it does change the
color. It seems to like to be green when you first turn it on, no matter
which side is up, but turning it will change it to blue or red until the
next time it is turned on. The change is not gradual; rather, there is
an area when turning it that is going from green to blue and from blue
to red.