John Miller

Default Color fog over picture changes when monitor is rotated

R.J. Hemme wrote:
I've read this group's excellent monitor repair FAQ and I know what to
look for when checking inside, but is the fact that the color varies
when I rotate the displace indicative of anything?

Perhaps the simplest thing it is indicative of is the monitor being in a
magnetic field. Any local changes lately that could cause that?

Once I was asked to diagnose a case where all the monitors along one wall
would sporadically have their displays do the "hula." It took a while, but
the cause turned out to be that the wall was next to an elevator shaft, and
as the cars went past, they would disrupt the magnetic field.

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat.
-John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy, 1981-1987