DS

Default Capacitor on last legs in Trinitron screen

Um, this person is Daniels Stern who resells and advises on automative
lights.

By the way, Sony sets are famous for solder joint problems and
capacitors sometimes depending on models.

Model number please?

Cheers,

Wizard

Nope, I'm not Daniels Stern, and I know next to nothing about auto lights
:-)

Its a rebranded trinitron, the exact model is Dell D2026T. HP also had a
rebrand of the identical monitor, and I've noticed a few other people have
been posting to this newsgroup with problems, though I cannot verify if they
are the exact same innards, but most refer to the 20" HP (using trinitron
tubes). Unfortunately I haven't read anyone else having the same problem as
me, others seem to have issues with focus failing or sync errors. I guess
this model is giving up its ghost right about now. All the same, if I can
fix it for a few bucks to have it last another year or two, that would be
fantastic.

Thanks,
Dan