DS

Default Model, symptoms, etc

"David" wrote in message
Post the rest of the missing required information for a response.
model number, ACTUAL symptoms, etc.

David

Hi David, here is what I posted over in sci.electronics.misc.. the only
thing that needs
to be added is that the model is Dell D2026T, but it is based on a a Sony
Trinitron
tube. Thanks.
-------------------------
I've got a 20" Dell Trinitron CRT screen thats about 7 years old. Its been
going great until December when it started to take about 10 minutes to warm
up. Well now its up to almost half an hour.

Here's what happens: I push the power button (its a hard on/off; not a
standby); the green LED comes on and it degausses. It is then pitch black
(you know how normally when it is black it still has a some output.. not
anymore). It will remain pitch black without any sign that is alive (aside
from the LED) for about half an hour, then it suddenly comes to life in the
span of 20 seconds (from pitch black to a bright vibrant image).

If it flicks off into power standby mode even for a second (like when you
reboot for example), it will then be black for another 10 minutes before it
fades the image in (once again, 10mins of pure black, then a 20 second warm
up).

I don't think the tube is worn out since once its finished warming up it
works as well as day one.. I'm guessing its something to do with the
electronics.. any ideas what it may be?

Thanks in advance!
-Dan

(rem.ove no junk mail)