Jason D.

Default Capacitor on last legs in Trinitron screen

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:33:24 GMT, "DS"
wrote:

Got a 20" trinitron screen that takes ages to turn on. Everything I read
seems to point to a dying capacitor, probably one of the filter capacitors
being dried up, or some other capacitor in the power supply. If open it up,
how easy will it be to find this capacitor? What should I look for? How
should I go about testing it?

Thanks in advance!
-Dan

Um, this person is Daniels Stern who resells and advises on automative
lights.

By the way, Sony sets are famous for solder joint problems and
capacitors sometimes depending on models.

Model number please?

Cheers,

Wizard