RubbishRat

Default fuse blows

"Brett" wrote in message
om...
I have an Orion TV, model #TV1934. Can't find the chassis number. Set
blows the fuse when plugged in. Found 2 bad diodes in power supply,
replaced them, plugged set back in, and BAM, blown fuse and same 2
diodes toast. I checked the HOT, and power regulator, both are fine. I
unplugged the degauss coil, and the set won't blow the fuse, but won't
power up either. I can't find a short anywhere. There is a component
marked TH501 tied to degauss plug. What is this component? I megged it
and shows no resistance. Please help. Almost forgot, the set was hit
by lightening, but no apparent damage. Please help.

TH501 is there to remove power from the de-gauss coils a short time after
power up and is not a suspect here. It will show no resistance initially.
The two diodes are probably the main feed rectifiers to parts of the set
that are themselves damaged (maybe the vert or hor osc for instance ).
Lightning strikes can do extensive damage to delicate critical parts like
the microprocessor or regulator. I think this set needs the attention of an
experienced troubleshooter.
Pete