Arif Witjaksono

Default TV startup problem

If you change the E-cap and it still does not work, check the circuit that
drive the switching transistor.
Check the diodes and caps.

"Fannie" wrote in message
I'm leaning towards a bad E-Cap in the power section.
Without a schematic I'm pulling the largest ones and/or
testing/replacing. The whole power supply section seems
to be on its own removable PC board so I (guess) I will
stay on that part and concentrate the E-Cap search.

Fingers crossed hoping it's that simple. LOL

- Chris

"Jamie" wrote in message
depends on what transformer you are talking about ?
if your referring to an upper class tv with a
switching supply then you may have a short.
normally a bad E-Cap in the power section throws
the over load how ever, you could have a bad
flyback circuit. (Transistor,Coil,Rectifier etc).

Fannie wrote:

Call me stupid (hey, stupid!) ---
two fuses in the power supply?!
One in the front part, easily seen...
one in the back, kinda buried...
and .... blown.

Replaced it. Turned TV on. It held.
Now I'm hearing a whine or a shrill
or a buzz coming from the area of the
large transformer in the power supply.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that
it isn't an indication of a failure in that
transformer but rather maybe an electrolytic
somewhere in the power supply circuit?

- Chris