Grunff

Default Yet another cheap SDS dril thread...

John wrote:
I've just bought, 2 weeks ago, the 750 watt one from Argos (710-5362).
It was in the sale at £29.99 but just looked and it's back at £39.99.
I've used it twice for breaking concrete and it's 'paid for itself'
already in the time saved.

It only seems that way. If you'd paid 3 times as much, you'd
have a Bosch or a DeWalt, which would be more powerful, lighter,
easier to use, and last *a lot* longer.

I'm talking from experience here. I had one of those £30 B&Q
machines, and it broke within a few weeks. Replaced it under
warranty (1.5 hours return drive), and the replacement broke in
a similar time scale. Bought a DeWalt, found it was a much
better machine, and have so far used it for at least 50 hours
with no probs.

With SDS, the cheap machines just don't cut it. You'll be happy
with it to start with, because it's infinitely better than any
drill you had before. But when you buy a proper SDS, you'll
realise how crap the cheap one was.

--
Grunff