Andrew McKay

Default Yet another cheap SDS dril thread...

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:10:53 +0100, Colin Swan
wrote:

So, are they any good? I don't want to spend a lot, as I don't do a
lot of drilling, but is this just too good to be true?

Please note - I am not an expert!

I bought (and used for the very first time) an SDS drill from Homebase
not very long ago. Price was £70-ish, for an 850w.

I'd say you can't really go wrong at sub £30 - some of the drill bits
can cost more than that.

Obviously not a professionals tool because I doubt something at that
price would keep pushing holes thru walls for very long.

Go for it - if nothing else it will get you into the idea of what an
SDS is all about.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk