Louis Bybee

Default Are PC surge protectors needed in the UK?

"Gregory L. Hansen" wrote in message
In article , w_tom

wrote:
Again an assumption that something will stop or block a
destructive transient. Kilometers of air could not stop the
transient. Do you think that silly little RCD switch contact
will do what kilometers of sky could not? Again, protection
is about shunting (diverting, connecting, shorting) a
transient to earth ground. There is no way around that
fundamental fact. Nothing is effective at stopping such
transients.

My surge protector came with a guarantee that the company will pay to
repair or replace any equipment damaged through the powerlines when it was
plugged in to their product.
--

I've been around for some time now, and I've never known or heard of anyone
actually collecting on such an offer. I know a few that tried, but gave up

Read all the fine print on the offer you have, and report back if you think
you still have a prayer collecting after damaging surge event.

Louis--
Remove the two fish in address to respond