Andrew Gabriel

Default Are PC surge protectors needed in the UK?

In article ,
"Pyriform" writes:
For the mains, online UPS is the proper solution, but I can't say I'm
unduly concerned about not having one. Power provision in the UK is
fairly reliable at the moment, although political and business
imperatives will probably conspire to make it worse in the future.

Yes, we've had an exceptionally stable/reliable supply in the UK
for perhaps 30 years now (or well over 40 years if you ignore the
1972 miners strike). There are a number of reasons why that's
unlikely to be maintained in the future though.

--
Andrew Gabriel