jakdedert

Default Left channel disappear...PSB Board for Yamaha RX-V1 receiver.

Li Gangyi wrote:
could be a few broken or weak solder joints or tracks...try going
over them all with a soldering iron..and check for cracks on the
board's PCB pattern...
"BestLover" wrote in message
m...
Dear All!
The left channel disappear from time to time on my Yamaha RX-V1
receiver. The technician from Yam. Serv. Center looked at it and
said I need to change PSB Board. The repair cost will be $220 US.
Is it looks like true? Is it any way to get it cheaper? I am in
NYC suburb. Thank you for help and answer.

Eugene

Almost no reason to replace the entire board...it should be servicable.
OTOH, what about the p.s. board is unique to only one channel? Does this
unit have separate left/right supplies? Some high-end units do, but it's
not common. If not, the problem almost certainly lies elsewhere.

jak