Jim Yanik

Default TDS 420 Oscilloscope

(TekMan) wrote in
om:

Jim Yanik wrote in message
koen verstappen wrote in
:

I bought an TDS620 2/3 weaks ago on a public auction. I am very
pleased with it. Manuals you can find at tektronix.com .

Do the TDS manuals contain component-level schematics?

Or just block diagrams,the "troubleshooting algorithm",and exchange
module part numbers?

Hi Jim,

even the tds6xx manuals have NO component-level schematics.

Just what you described: block diagrams,the "troubleshooting
algorithm",and exchange module part numbers.

I had a a pwr supply failure in a tds620a AFAIR, and tracked down the
circuit by handmade drawing myself. Consumes a lot of time, but was
the only way to rescue the scope for a university project.

I still did not find the military source of the schematics (component
level) of the tds scopes Jim mentioned some time ago. So if anyone has
some information for component level schematics for the tds
2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx series scopes: Pls. make a contribution to the
newsgroup.

Andreas

I was wondering because TEK is now selling TDS3000 series scopes,and
probably even newer models.
I just wondered if those "service" manuals contained component-level
schematics.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net