Mark Trueman

Default Marantz CD67 MKII SE cd player problem

Hi,

I have a problem with my Marantz CD67 MKII SE cd player. When initially
turned on the cd player has trouble finding CD tracks, sometimes coming up
with No Disc. If a CD plays in the player, it does so, but is completely
drowned out by a crackling noise.

However, if you leave the player on for an hour or so, it seems to 'warm up'
and is able to play the CDs almost as normal (there is still a bit of
crackling, but it usually not noticeable)

Anyone got any ideas what the problem is. Is it DIY repairable and if so
what do I need to do/replace. If its not diyable, how much should I expect
to have to pay to have it repaired.

Kind regards

Mark