Bob

Default Sony SBX1637 on Toshiba CF32C50

I have a Toshiba CF32C50 with a sound problem that from what I can determine
seems to be a problem with the Sony SBX1637 module. I have been trying to
find the part on line, but the only source I have found has a $25 minimum
and this is only a $7 part. Does anyone have another source as to where I
can find this?

Also, I have a couple questions regarding the module:

1) All of the references I have seen refer to a SBZ 1637-11. However my
module is inprinted with "SBX1637A-2122". Is this exactly the same part?

2) I have seen references regarding bypassing the module with 2 capacitors
on pins 10, 11, and 12(common). Does anyone have a reference as to which
pin is which? My assumption is that the dot on the corner designates pin 1
and the pins are counterclockwise as for standard DIP's Is this true on the
SBX1637? If it is, pin 13 appears to be the NC pin.

Thanks,
Bob

--
Remove NOSPAM from address to reply