RubbishRat

Default tv repair question

I think it's probably worth fixing, No vertical deflection could be as
simple as a cracked solder joint to the coils or as complicated as a failed
driver or chip either way If the set is only a few years old then I think
It's at least worth having a service shop look at it and give you a real
quote then you can decide what to do. Don't run the set until it's fixed as
the line will burn the screen after a while.
Pete

"RB" wrote in message
We've got a big (approx 27" diagonal) Panasonic table model TV that's only

couple of years old. Something's failed inside.

I now have a thin, horizontal, intensely bright line mid screen all the

way
across the screen. Probably something in the vertical is out.

The question being: even if I can find someplace to get the set repaired
here locally, will it likely be worth it to do so? Theory being maybe I

can
get another one for the potential repair price plus a little more.