Wanderer

Default using a shower unit to heat a swimming pool

On 23 Jul 2003 06:46:09 -0700, NickW wrote:

Heating by electricity will cost you a fortune! Even off peak economy
7 is about twice the price of oil.

How do you come to that conclusion? Do you have any figures to substantiate
your claim?

I use an 18kw flow boiler with my pool, (10,000 gallons) and that brings
it to a temperature of about 27 or 28C without any problem, at an annual
cost of about £300. With solar gain through the buble cover, the pool has
been at about 32 or 33C for the last five or six weeks.

You can buy an old oil boiler and a heat exchanger and use that.

Or go solar and heat it for nothing.

That presupposes you have room for the panels. In my case I don't.