The Real Andy

Default ouch! 25v dc leakage to DVD case

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:51:48 +1000, "Mr TUBEAMPS"
youfinedout@thomuusnonsence wrote:

a lot of tvs today are live chassis and do not

Actually, most tv's these aren't live chassis, in fact I have not seen
a tv with a live chassis for years.

have power transformers in them, there all
switch mode power supplys, and use a cap between

The switch mode PSU does have a power transformer in it. The cap is
used to try and prevent noise. The secondary is completeley isolated
from the primary in every modern set I have seen.

you and the tv in the RF ANT input sockit, you will
feel a tingal on the ANT when in standby mode.

The tingle is because the secondary is floating above earth. You are
earthed, the tv isn't hence the PD.

VCR'S are the same these days.

That's right, they have isolated PSU's, the same as as TV's.

do not earth double insulated things.

It's quite safe to earth the secondary side of primary insulated,
isolated PSU.