KWC

Default Mitsbushi 21 inch monitor fault

I have a Gateway 2000 21 inch monitor which is the same as a Mitsubishi 21 inch
monitor with a Trinitron tube.

The picture now and then shifts one inch to the right. It does not distort just moves
to the right. If I tap the case just above the screen it jumps back again without
distorting. It does this about once an hour.

Thinking that it must be a loose connection somewhere I have had the case off
and checked all the connections and prodded various places with a non-
conducting probe and I am unable to make the screen move at will.

Could it be a heat problem? This would not explain how tapping the case above
the screen makes it jump back into position.

Has anyone any Idea what's going on and suggest a suitable fix if any?

Thanks in advance.

KWC

Remove "My Hat" to reply