gothika

Default Apex dvd player

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:28:29 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
And you ignore all the self-righteous members of this group who insist on
how carefully they take care of their discs without even mentioning those
who buy rare ones second hand??

I buy second hand discs, but after I give them an inspection to ensure

that the
lacquer layer is intact and the irridescent side is undamaged or only

scratched
to a minor degree. If it's damaged in a way that I find unacceptable,

even if
it's rare, I won't buy it. Simple.

Secondly, you blow the whole concept of careful handling of discs utterly

and
totally out of proportion.

You don't even need "kid gloves." All that's involved with careful

handling is
holding the discs by the edges and touching nothing else of the disc while

it's
on its way to the player or its storage case.

That's it! It's as simple as that and that's also how LPs are usually

handled,
yet people like you cannot comprehend this and still contend that it's

some
unwieldly and complicated process.

Quite frankly, I think you are lazy, ignorant, and really full of ****.

And I'd love to see just what kind of condition your DVD collection is in.

While you have a few good points, I'm not really sure what you're going on
about. Obviously you're vastly superior to the average person and you
obviously only let other super-beings into your residence. That's fine but
there's no point in going on about it trying to boost your ego or whatever.
The rest of us have normal social lives, friends with kids, people who are
not perfect, etc. I take good care of my DVD's but it hasn't stopped
careless people and defective players from damaging a few. I live in the
real world where nobody is perfect and accidents happen on occasion, some
people are clumsy or have bad habbits handling things, I wish they weren't
but it's not a reason to lock up my entire house and never have people over.

Thank you James for defending the position of us mere mortals.
I did give Rheinhart a couple of examples of how delicate discs can
get scratched by persons of lesser capabilities than those possessed
by him.
I guess in his world there are no beings who are less than perfect.