Bill Renfro

Default Apex dvd player

Fortunately, if the drives go, you can just use a standard E-IDE DVD-ROM

drive.

I've had success using a Lite-On LTD-163 with an Apex AD-500W, which is a
superior drive to the DVS product that's originally used in this model.

As for turning off MacroVision and region discrimination, you have to swap

the
original BIOS chip with an EEPROM containing a hacked player OS. -

Reinhart

I will have to keep an eye out for some replacement drives. I know it is
only a matter of time before they do fail. I think two years is pussing my
luck. They are cheap players.