James Sweet

Default Apex dvd player

"John Miller" wrote in message
James Sweet wrote:
No you simply use the lexan instead of the polycarb. Simply adjust for
the refractive properties of the Lexan. In fact I've used high grade
optical lenses made of lexan.( If you go to GE labs they'll give you
the optical properties of lexan, you'll find it's got a much higher
rating than polycarbonate.)

I'm not sure that's an ideal solution, yeah Lexan is more scratch
resistant than polycarbonate but it still scratches quite easily. I work

fair bit with lexan and acrylic, the lexan is far easier to cut and

drill
and far more shatter resistant, it does scratch much more easily than
acrylic though. Neither is as flexible as polycarbonate. Every material
has advantages and disadvantages.

What th'....

If you actually do go to GE Labs

http://www.gelexan.com/gelexan/

you'll see that Lexan *is* polycarbonate. (It's in the very title of the
above web page: "Lexan (R) Polycarbonate Resin from GE Plastics.")

Lexan is a GE trademark and is a bit different than standard polycarbonate.
The local plastics shop stocks both and the Lexan sheets are significantly
different.