LASERandDVDfan

Default Apex dvd player

And you ignore all the self-righteous members of this group who insist on
how carefully they take care of their discs without even mentioning those
who buy rare ones second hand??

I buy second hand discs, but after I give them an inspection to ensure that the
lacquer layer is intact and the irridescent side is undamaged or only scratched
to a minor degree. If it's damaged in a way that I find unacceptable, even if
it's rare, I won't buy it. Simple.

Secondly, you blow the whole concept of careful handling of discs utterly and
totally out of proportion.

You don't even need "kid gloves." All that's involved with careful handling is
holding the discs by the edges and touching nothing else of the disc while it's
on its way to the player or its storage case.

That's it! It's as simple as that and that's also how LPs are usually handled,
yet people like you cannot comprehend this and still contend that it's some
unwieldly and complicated process.

Quite frankly, I think you are lazy, ignorant, and really full of ****.

And I'd love to see just what kind of condition your DVD collection is in.

BTW, I have never been inside my unbelievably slow-reacting Apex DVD player
which I bought for $15 but assume from this thread that it has only a simple
computer IDE cable in it which makes it obviously easy to swap

What model is it?

There are Apex players that use standard IDE drives, but there are also Apex
players that do not. It depends on the model number. Apex does not make their
own players, but takes players from other brands and slaps their name on them.
- Reinhart