James Sweet

Default Apex dvd player

No you simply use the lexan instead of the polycarb. Simply adjust for
the refractive properties of the Lexan. In fact I've used high grade
optical lenses made of lexan.( If you go to GE labs they'll give you
the optical properties of lexan, you'll find it's got a much higher
rating than polycarbonate.)
And while it's certainly not cost effective, we've had the technology
to grow synthetic diamonds.(It's done in a solution.)
That tech know how has been around since the 50's.
Esentially what I'm trying to say is that we have tons of
technological solutions for making a cost effective scratch proof
cd/dvd.

I'm not sure that's an ideal solution, yeah Lexan is more scratch resistant
than polycarbonate but it still scratches quite easily. I work a fair bit
with lexan and acrylic, the lexan is far easier to cut and drill and far
more shatter resistant, it does scratch much more easily than acrylic
though. Neither is as flexible as polycarbonate. Every material has
advantages and disadvantages.