steve

Default xmas lights voltage/wattage

"steve" wrote in message ...
A seasonal question certainly...
As usual, dragging the xmas lights out of their box for their annual
outing - some of the bulbs are blown and the spares have long since gone
walk about. The boxes have also been chucked so can`t find what the
voltage/wattage is either :-(
How do you normally calculate what wattage/voltage bulbs to use? I went to
B&Q and had a whole host to choose from, 12v, 2.4v, 1.1W, 0.96W etc....
I`ve got three sets, one looks to be mains voltage (no transformer), the
other is low voltage (24v), but not sure what wattage bulbs are needed.

One
other set is multi function, but can`t tell if its low voltage or not .
Where do I start?

Also I forgot to mention that all the manufacturers seem to have slightly
different connector sizes.
I tried some replacement bulbs I thought would be generic from B&Q but they
didn`t even bl**dy fit !

Grrr - hating xmas already
Steve