MikeZOD

Default Sony DVP-S360 New Laser Still skips, pixel, restarts !!!

OK I found the Service menu, I have a few questions, Dual and Single
layer DVD's

1.) Can I use regular Movie DVD's ?

2.) Any way to tell them apart "Dual / Single"

I tried the autosetup with what I found on the internet that said that
"Six Day and Seven Nights" was a single layer format.

I ran the SL selection and then tried playing the movie, it still
skips but not as bad!

Please reply am I doing this wrong by useing a movie or should this be
done with some special DVD?

T.I.A. MikeZOD

On 22 Jun 2004 02:29:33 GMT, (LASERandDVDfan)
wrote:

already 82Kohms . I replaced the Laser assembly {new from Sony}
and it still skips or pixels or restarts at the same point on my test
dvd

Did you try to autocalibrate the new pickup within the player's service menu?
- Reinhart