Mark D. Zacharias

Default Sony DVP-S360 New Laser Still skips, pixel, restarts !!!

I wouldn't ignore the possibility that your new pickup is defective. I've
had two lately that were - one was a used one which someone had apparently
restocked to Sony, the other had a bad spindle motor right out of the
'chute.

Mark Z.

"MikeZOD" wrote in message

I have ready previous posts on the Sony DVD players, and I have d/l'ed
the info......

This DVP-S360 appears to have a newer M86 PCB in it because I can not
locate the F402 Fuse and from meassureing R418 and R416 they are
already 82Kohms . I replaced the Laser assembly {new from Sony}
and it still skips or pixels or restarts at the same point on my test
dvd {Six Days Seven Nights} Looks like it won't handle small
inperfections like scratches and such, played easily by other players
even other sony models {various} !

M86 1-677-350-32 is printed on the PCB if this helps anyone
to answer my question

any help in this matter will be welcome!

MikeZOD