LASERandDVDfan

Default I dropped the tv ( Sony circa December 1985)

I already addressed this. My memory may be flawed, but I am pretty
sure I read what I read in a Sony repair manual or training manual.

But, here's the thing.

The person said that Sony picture tubes are particularly susceptible to drop
damage, indicating Trinitrons are more sensitive to a much greater degree.

Sensitive or not, ANY CRT picture tube, be it Trinitron, Diamondtron, or a
shadow mask WILL sustain damage if dropped, PERIOD. Drop any large CRT display
from about two feet and the guts of the tube will be shifted.

Furthermore, if a drop is bad enough to damage a mainboard, what do you think
it will do to the picture tube, regardless of brand? - Reinhart