James Sweet

Default 20 inch TV Recommendation

"John Del" wrote in message
Subject: 20 inch TV Recommendation
From: Don Allen
Date: 6/19/04 5:39 AM

Since I've used Sony aperature-grille CRT-based TV's for over 20 years,
one tends to get used to them. Thus, I'm not sure I would like a
shadow-mask type CRT television.

It's the same thing. A shadow mask by any other name..........

Actually it's quite different, an aperature grill is a fine mesh of vertical
wires welded to a heavy metal frame. Unlike a shadow mask, the screen is
horizontally curved but vertically flat, though new ones are completely flat
on the outside. There's no horizontal divisions, just vertical slots.
Aperature grill tubes tend to produce a much brighter though sometimes not
as well focussed picture. I like them myself but some prefer a shadow mask
tube.