Jim Adney

Default Dental X-ray machine

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:34:29 GMT Al A. wrote:

I have several question concerning the type and amount of transformer
oil that is used in the head of one of these units.

I don't know anything about that unit specifically, but if you want
info on transformer oil I suggest you try to get the data sheets on
Shell Dialla and Dialla AX. I believe these are the 2 most commonly
marketed transformer oils in the US, and they are often used in
voltage ranges much higher than this.

In general, such transformers should not be completely filled (so that
there is air to act as something compressible when the oil gets warm
and expands), and the oil chamber should be sealed (so that moisture
can't get in.)

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA