Al A.

Default Dental X-ray machine

Sir,
I appreciate your apology, it is big of you to offer it. You are
correct, I should have been a bit more specific and offered a bit more
info in my original posting. My error.

I guess I must also admit I may have been in a bit of a "mood" when I
replied. Hope that you took no offense, I really should not have
assumed you where being snide. If my reply came off as rude, please
accept my apology.

As someone who, like yourself, is called upon to defeat all of those
saftey interlocks and whatnot, just to do my job, I fully appreciate
the problem of being asked for advice from people who are not
qualified to saftely do the things they are asking about. Happens to
me all of the time. And I sometimes give advice similar to what you
gave me. I should have recognized it. I know well the issues involved
with newsgroup replies.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. No bad feelings I hope. BTW,
click the link below, and if you look closely, you can see one of my
other "converted" Xray machines in use in Papua New Guinea:

http://www.gracedentalmission.org/Mi...apua/PNG11.htm

I wa s modified to mount on a heavy duty camera tripod, and the whole
unit packs up into a fairly small suitcase type thing for transport.

hanks again,
-AL

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:31:04 -0700, "sofie" wrote:

Al A:
Sorry that I offended you with my "snide" remark.... it is an unfortunate
result of spending too many hours on newsgroups trying to determine how to
reply to the various types of requests for repair suggestions.
If you would have first posted the subsequent information that you did in
your follow up postings I would have offered more constructive comments and
suggestions, but the way that your original post was written made it seem
apparent to me that you were an inexperienced novice with a new "toy" that
you might have picked up at a garage sale or surplus sale.
On the newsgroups we get all kinds of crazy requests from newbies for help
fixing Microwave ovens, televisions, and other quite dangerous and deadly
home consumer devices that can otherwise be very safe is operated properly
and safety interlocks and covers are left in place. As I am certain that
you agree, these types of devices, including dental x-ray machines should
only be opened up and serviced by somewhat knowledgeable individuals.
Yes, your safety and the safety of others around you was my prime concern.
I trust that you will get the information you require for this worthwhile
endeavor with your dentist friend.