Tim Mitchell

Default Camcorder as security camera

In article , RubbishRat
writes
Hi everyone,
I want to use an old Camcorder as a security camera feeding the composite
video directly into a VCR so that I can record for 8 hours at a stretch in
LP mode. It works great except that the Camcorder's auto shutoff triggers
every ten minutes or so even when powered by a external power pack. How
difficult is it going to be to disable the auto shutoff, and is there a
workaround? I thought it might be feasable to modify an old cassette to fool
the transport mech that it's doing something usefull, but unfortunately I'm
not clever enough. does anyone have any thoughts on this? Any ideas much
appreciated. Also what cable should I use for a video run of around 8 meters
or so?

What model is it?

Some camcorders will stay on if you leave the tape door open, or if you
switch to VCR mode. Others will not stay on whatever you do.

Regarding the cable, any type of coax should be fine for this.
--
Tim Mitchell