Jerry G.

Default Replacing electrolytics

You should use the ones that are rated for 105 deg Cels. Use any good
quality cap, as long as the specs are proper. Just make sure that the
voltage rating is the same or higher than the original. A higher voltage
rated cap will most likely last longer, as long as the heat and stress to
the cap is within its tolerance. It is heat that destroys the caps more than
anything else.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"mo" wrote in message
om...
All TV techs know that a common fault in many tv power supplies is due
to faulty electrolytics.
It is usually the cap that provides the drive to the chopper.
I have access to various types including low leakage and low
impedance.
Should I be using the original or replace with one that is more
reliable.
Which capacitor is most suitable in this circuit and hot environment.
Many tv's from the olden days,never had their rear cover removed for
the first time until 8 years or so elapsed.