Jason D.

Default Please help - 36" RCA ProScan problems (with video!)

On 15 Jun 2004 09:23:11 -0700, (John Stone)
wrote:

Just got the news - it's a $200 repair. Guy told me I needed a "video
kit" - I asked for more info and he told me it consisted of "chip
capacitors and resisters" ... I have a feeling I'm paying for $5 in
parts and $195 in labor, but what choice do I have? Should be fixed
and back by tomorrow.

Thanks to all that helped!

Hi,

This is not simple as it seems. This chassis (CTC197xxx, but same
board used in older RCA projector under CTC195) are known to be bit
tough to fix especially if this trouble is very intermittent and
requires special tools to find it and experience to go with this.
Once found a part or few are replaced.

This shop you tried isn't famillar with this type of RCA. I already
said you do need to find a shop that is warranty service authorized by
Thomson (RCA) which means that shop have special tools and experience
to deal with problems that is unique to RCA stuff.

Nix the estimate and take tv with you. Find right shop as I described.

Give away that shop doesn't jibe with what I see in that comment that
shop needed a video kit which is totally unrelated to this problem.
This problem is more like the control area (micro and data settings).

Cheers,

Wizard