Andy Hall

Default TRVs

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 15:07:58 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 07:36:53 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

Bending isn't a problem but my knees object after a few hours,

Gel kneepads are really helpful for this

What exactly are they? Most people get cold on their knees at they protrude
outwards acting as a good heat sink. Knee warmers are fine for this.

The issue is pressure on the knee joints from prolonged kneeling and
is a common problem for plumbers and others who work on their knees a
lot like floor tilers, gardeners, Monica Lewinsky etc.

I tried a few different kinds of ordinary ones but found them
inadequate for various reasons - uncomfortable, too small etc. .

I found gel filled ones in Home Depot in the U.S. and bought a large
size pair. These use the same idea as gel filled wrist wrests for
PCs.

They are now available here as well.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=640011

The plastic shell on the front is flexible but fairly tough. The
gel pads are built into the cloth that is in front of and around the
knees.

I've used these for several hours at a time and find them really good
to use.

---

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl