Mistress

Default Repairing Lightning Damaged Tv's

In article ,
says...
I have no knowledge about repairing televisions, so I thought I'd ask
here, All 3 of my tv's have been damaged by lightning , 2 of them wont
even power up and the other one is in black and white now(is a color
tv). Just wondering what I could do to repair my tv's? Thanks

My experience is similar to Leonard's. (I had a shop for 15 years).

Be aware that these are generalizations.

If the fuse was blown AND its glass was really blackened, most often I
found one diode in the diode bridge shorted.

If the fuse was blown and the glass was clear, it could be anything. Not
good news.