Leonard Caillouet

Default Repairing Lightning Damaged Tv's

wrote in message
Like others have said, if you do not have the knowledge, tools and
skill for repairing TVs, you would do well to take it to those who have.
Having said that, a lightning strike on an electronic device could end
up being a career choice for whomever decides to repair it. If you are
puzzled by what I meant in the last sentence, you won't be should you
attempt to repair them.

It could just as easily be a blown fuse and a shorted diode in the bridge.
We fix a lot more of them in a few minutes than get scrapped for excessive
damage. Here in North Florida we see lots of lightning damage, more than in
most parts of the country. Certainly many get damaged severly, but it is
much more common to have minor damage in the PS.

Leonard