Jerry G.

Default Sony STR-D650Z

Check the protection relay that the contracts are making proper contact. If
it is not that, you will have to get deeper in to the unit's operation.

You should use a scope and audio generator. This will make it much easier to
trace through to where the signals are stopping.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Michael Fiedler" wrote in message
I am trying to troubleshoot a Sony Surround Amp that was given to me
more than two years ago that was bad, and I am just getting around to
it now. I have a schematic, but most of the voltages I am reading
seem to be okay or in range. The problem with the amp is that there
is no output to the speakers or headphones, except for some low level
extremely distorted audio on the left channel. Something is making
the amp shutdown. I have already found two bad solder joints in the
power section, but have not come up with anything else. Contrary to
other posts about this unit I am NOT getting a "Protect" indicator.
Any help appreciated or something to get me to the right area.
Thanks,
Mike