The Real Andy

Default unable to fix faulty capacitor? pls help!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:07:09 -0400, "Art" wrote:

Foprward / Reverse resistance is normally a reliable rectifier check.
However it will not indicate failure under load, if in question it would
probably be best to replace the device in question and the filter caps in
the same circuit. However don't attempt this after a couple "Fosters" Eh,
cheers gov.

Despite commom belief, Fosters is rarely consumed here in Australia.
In fact, it is the worst tasting beer I have ever consumed, aside from
a few of my experimental homebrewed beers!

PS, I have replaced many a rectifer under the influence of a fine
beer. As suggested though, the test may not prove anything as the
rectifier is not under load on a multimeter. But in my professional
beer swilling opnion I believe that 99% of dud rectifiers can be
checked on a multimeter!